GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
MLJ Conteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 May 2001 15:01:07 -0400
Dear APRC and Soldiers of the Struggle:

It was really sickening to see the mouthpiece of the
indemnity law and the satan of illegal lawyering.  Joof
ran away from his fellow citizens after his brief
speech.  I strongly recommend the APRC government
fire this buffoon because he made a total fool of the
government of The Gambia.  Joof, you are a disgrace.

I was smelling a rat after a two-hour delay by Joseph
Joof and his entourage.  Mr. Halifa Sallah and
Hon. Hamat Bah waited for almost two hours, only to be
insulted by The Gambian Attorney General and Secretary
of Justice.  Mr. Joof lacked protocol and disregard of
duties as the chief law agent of The Gambia.

It was sickening for this coward to insult himself and
The Gambian people.  Joof should not be paid his per             diem.  As a matter of principle, the APRC government should st dismiss this timid "mister know it all" immidiately. Joof
should pay for his trip to the Nation's Capital.  Joof came to the US on a site seeing  mission.

I want to commend Hon. Fabakary Tombong Jatta for standing
his ground in the enemy territory, despite the fact that
he was not prepared and lacked the conviction to put
the APRC accomplishments in their entirety.  Hon. Jatta
deserves a traditional Gambian welcome when he arrives
at the Banjul International Airport.  Mr. Joseph Joof,
however should be given a pink slip as he arrives in The
Gambia.  Shame on Joseph Joof, shame shame I say.

I salute Mr. Halifa Sallah, Hon. Hamat Bah, Mr. Saihou
Mballow and the entire fearless Gambian audience.  I wished
Messrs Latjor N'dow and James Gomez had done a better
job in strategy and logistics.  I hope the next ALD will
not be a two-man initiative.  Gambians across the spectrum
should be included in making next year's symposium a
success.  Please do not give us false hope of signalling
Dr. Nyang's participation, when in fact the gentleman was
not coming.

It was unfair for N'dow and Gomez to deny Mr. Saihou
Mballow the opportunity to deliver Mr. Ousainou Darboe's
speech in its entirety.  This was absolutely unacceptable.

Naphiyo,

Comrade ML Jassey-Conteh