GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Edward Secka <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 2004 04:43:41 -0500
My Brother,
Your comments are very worthy. rule of law and good governance are the
foundations of effective leadership and the value of human life determines
effective human resources. Wherever life is valued , there is bound to be
advancement and economic success.
Africa should make it mandatory to teach her children leadership. We
understand much of what is involved in leadership: vision, strategy,
cooperation, integrity, trust, intuition, goal setting, motivation,
mobilization, productivity and renewal.These elements are very essential to
reconstruct the African Continent, But African leadership always lack most
of these qualities. Virtually every African leader should contribute to the
substantiative thinking neccessary to move the continent beyond problems and
toward achievement. They should define reality, clarify options, and help
remove the obstacles that make it difficult for the members of their society
to succeed.
The essence of leadership is conciousness-raising and unlocking the energies
and talents of fellow associates. Leaders at their best are not involved in
doing great deeds so much as getting their followers to believe they can do
great deeds and excel. Leaders define, defend and promote values  or help
redefine values. African leaders still embrace the dogmas of past leaders "
Mansas" which are inadequate for the stormy present.
Wisdom, The touch stone which betrays the neighbourhood of wrong doing is
what we are lacking.
well we must apply all that we know so that we Africans can attract what we
want. We are out of time, Africa is still  behind.
Thanks
Bro