GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
YERO MAMA <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 30 Dec 2001 14:23:48 +0000
Hello...
       I am currnetly in the Gambia and the parliamemtary elections campaign
is on.Two days ago i saw a live debate between Hamat Bah,Tamsir Jallow,IEC
it was encouraging to see a debate of that nature on the GAMTV.Hamat's
believe is that the UDP/PPP/GPP will be responsible of any hitches that the
rest of the opposition may encounter during the forthcoming
elections.Because for Bah the so-calleed coalition shouldn't have withdrawn
from the race! Hamat's worry is that if the APRC is TO concentrate only on
fifteen contituencies(where they have slight challenges)then the chances for
parties like his to capture seats AREn't there.
Tamsir's stand is that the UDP/PPP/GPP have other agendas under there
sleeves different from a democratic process.Indeed these were his words
therefore,as the english saying goes:HE WHO FEELS IT KNOWS IT BETTER.
THE innauguration ceremony of the president was an outstanding one not only
did other heads of state come but they were more than two!That was a big
political achievement as far as our regional and international links are
concerned.
Hurrah!!!Democracy is very decent in the gambia today!
I met different peopleand the feelings of many is completely different from
what some of us want to force and paint as a picture on Gambial and
elsewhere!
PLEASE NOTE that UDP supporters openly manifested and warned that they feel
betrayed and disrespected by the party leader for boycotting the elections
without consulting them so some are even ready to embrace the aprc as a
retaliatory measure.This was on the papers here three days ago.Wow!How about
the syndrome of Dembo by force's myth?
Does this mean even if Dembo boycotts the "jinns" will vote for him or...?
You see i used to say this before any organisation thats based on emotions
and not principles is bound to fail!The political erosion we are witnessing
on the otherside is too fast!
My question is;what will befall the UDP/PPP/GPP?
I have already met one person on the ground who told me that the party's
leadership is in disarray due to personal issues...hmmm...
TIME WILL TALK FOR ITSELF.

yeromama.

"YEROMAMA PULORI GALO HAAWA BAROGEL N'DIMOU"
"Speak the speeches and let the speeches not spit you."