GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 28 May 1999 11:32:28 EDT
Mr Ceesay,

Thank you for the respect and consideration you have for me, it shows that
you are a true Gambian son, and one who acts in the manner you were brought
up in. l have also received the same mail from Matarr as the one he copied to
you, but of course he did not send me the one in which he insulted me.
However, please forward this email to me so l can forward it to the Hotmail
amd Malaysian authorities. They have asked me for any documentation l can
send to them. Mr Njie will find out that he has started a battle he cannot
win. Again, thank you.

Regards,
Jabou Joh
 Gambia L, (writing in a rush)

 I have again received this e-mail from Matarr Njie, and I am sending it for
 your perusal. He did send me another one, in which he insulted me, Katim
 Touray and Jabou Joh, but given the immense respect I have for Jabou Joh in
 particular, I have decided to withhold that mail.

 Katim, I do have some information on Matarr Njie, which I can send you and
 copy it to the L, since we are in an era of transparency and accontability.
 But I am about to go to London, to attend Ndey Jobarteh's wedding party and
 also the African Liberation Day celebrations.  Therefore, if I have to send
 you some information on matarr Njie, it has to be sometime next week.

 Meanwhile, you might find this information relevant. Matarr Njie is a post
 graduate student at the Faculty of Economics and Administration, University
 of Malaya. The Dean of the Faculty is Professor Zahara Yahaya, and her
 telephone numbers are: 03 7564767 or 037593600. Her fax no is: 037567252.
 Matarr finished his masters in economics in January 1998, but he is still
 doing further studies at the same faculty.

 This is the University's address: University of Malaya, 50603 Kuala Lumpur,
 Malaysia.

 The telephone numbers for the security office of the university are: 03
 7567405 or 03 7593470. The fax is: 03 7593535.

 This is number for the Computer Services Division of the University: 03
 7594132, and the fax is 03 7594160.

 Bass Dodou Drammeh, thanks for your comments on the Amadou Samba/Daily
 Observer issue. I have all these answers for Momodou Njie, but, as you said,
 the issue at hand is not about media ownership in the UK. At some point, Mr
 Njie, I can devote a whole piece to the topic of media ownership in the UK.
 In fact, I have already conducted a researh on the subject.

 Anyway, cheers and good luck in your endeavours!!

 Ebrima Ceesay,
 Birmingham, UK.