GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jun 2001 10:56:43 -0400
Jobe, again I am NOT surprised that you are totally off the mark. Of course
a moron like you that will shamelessly worship child-murderers will NOT see
the point I was making when I addressed that mail to the List Managers. If
you are at all familiar with what ensued in this forum vis-a-vis censorship,
you will realize that I am a 100% 'Free Speech' guy. Unlike some of you,
these rules from List Management are NOT news to me. I studied them
carefully in the past because they affected some friends of mine. When the
rules were introduced, I denounced them as unworkable; almost impossible to
police effectively. I still have that view.

I hope my comments on the rules will NOT be construed by List Management as
undermining certain actions they took yesterday. Whereas I will NOT advocate
for the removal of members from the List, I also do NOT defend vermin that
declared war on me. I am NOT a hypocrite that loves his enemies. You slap me
on one chick, you get your brains blown out. You will NEVER get the other
chick. So, for the consumption of List Management, I am looking here at the
bigger picture.

I believe those of us that want to constantly contribute on this forum and
expose ourselves to all sorts of deranged people, should develop a thick
skin. When a kid curses you and call you a coward while you are trying to
defend his/her impotent parents in Banjul (that are powerless before Yaya),
you should just laugh it off and know that you are dealing with a
loose-canon. You try containing the kid, you stoop to his level and make
him/her feel important. You can silence these morons without censoring them
on G_L. Just show them how uncouth they are. They will get back to their
senses and behave like well-bred adults (eventually). There is no need for
the baby-sitting as some have put it.

Turning to the moron, Jobe, I will make another hopeless attempt to bring
you up to speed about my 'complaint'. The 'advise' you gave for shutting up
when one does not know what one is talking about, should have been given to
you. You are clue-less about the genesis of that 'complaint'. See, it was
news to the likes of you what was happening to Kujabi all these months. You
had no idea what transpired between me and Jaiteh regarding the matter.
Before Jaiteh, you had no idea how I feel about these rules and the numerous
private exchanges I had with List Managers regarding the application of
these rules. You probably never digested these rules properly and understand
their effect.

I bet the first time you saw my 'complaint' you wondered what in the world I
was talking about. Being the moron you are, you did not seek to educate
yourself before you jump and make conclusions about my 'complaint'. If only
you read the rules, you will realize that I painstakingly applied published
G_L rules to the letter. I deliberately used words such as 'complaint',
'retract', 'apology', 'delisting' 'backing up ones statements', 'offensive'
etc. I did that to prove a point. I will not get into the nitty-gritty
because I have decided to put that discussion behind us. But I counsel you
to re-read the rules and also read my exchange with Jaiteh on G_L that
culminated to my 'complaint'. I hope when you do, it will penetrate your
thick skull what was going on. For the record, let me just spell out for you
that the 'complaint' gave Jaiteh and the List Managers various options apart
from 'delisting' (as stipulated in the G_L rules).

If I were the type that goes around gagging people, I would have done like
some of the people on your side and whined to the List Managers a long time
ago about some of the garbage thrown to my end on G_L. I fight my own
battles.

To conclude, I respectfully urge the List Managers to have their eyes on the
ball. I believe they mean well. To Mr. Camara, I say, this is NOT a crisis
at all. If you look at the exchanges between me, Jaiteh and the List
Managers regarding this 'complaint', and bear in mind Kujabi's plight, you
will realize that our exchanges were conducted in a civil, reasoned and
matured manner. We put G_L rules to a test. My assessment is that the rules
are unworkable. Side comments made regarding the exchange I had with List
Management and Jaiteh, are just side comments. Irrelevant to the big picture
(whether the rules work or not) if you ask me. I think that rather than
trying to control the vermin in our midst, we should try to develop a thick
skin and let the morons make fools of themselves and be ostracized by good
folks. If the monitoring on Kujabi have not been removed, I again appeal to
the List Managers to remove it. People that use uncouth language are just
doing a disservice to themselves. They take away nothing from the great job
this forum is doing. And if those of us whom they attack are comfortable
with who we are, we should not be overly bothered by the irrational
rattling.
KB