GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Elow Wole <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 21:40:33 -0000
Whether motivated by greed, ethnicity, or simply, a lust for power, the
quest for dominance is always prevalent in Africa, and the West alike.
Surely, we're yet to be blessed with a true leader who understands the true
meaning of life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.

Who can honestly claim that this cyber forum is "fruitful", and bears
genuine results.  Personally, I don't see the need to have 3,4,5,6, -
infinite organisations all fighting for the same purpose.  If one truly
wants to be part of this change, one must consider going back home and have
one's vote counted (I don't need to hear about ballot politics, for all I
know, that's option #1).  As citizens of The Gambia, let's be reminded once
more to uphold the TRUE meaning of our national anthem, ..."Let JUSTICE
guide our actions, towards the common good."  Cyberchatting won't solve our
problems.  Instead, it spreads the rumours.  As much as we recite our
national anthem, has anyone ever stopped to think about who wrote it.
Obviously, that person must have thought we are a Christian country.  If I
had to edit it, I would probably rewrite the whole script.  One word I would
definitely change is, " GOD to ALLAH."

Happy Ramadan to EVERYONE!  ...

Essa