GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mr Makaveli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 2001 18:50:06 -0600
Malanding S. Jaiteh WROTE :
"And that often, this seemly able civil servant who gets the boot would
come out saying "I was fired but I remain a loyal servant to the all-
powerful Jammeh". Whatever makes seemly educated and well-to-do adults
live this kind of life is my concern. I think there is more to it than the
eye can see. If we are to believe what we hear, something is seriously
wrong here. I do not know how someone who has gone through the struggle of
school, college and life in general could after being fired and accuse of
felony can come back say "I still support my boss". For logic has it that
until the brain is wrongly wired, if it looks like pain, acts like pain,
you don't have to go through it to know that it is pain. But then
sufferers of "Battered Woman Syndrom" often claim that their spouses are
the most caring and loving ever! The tragedy is that some people would
have to be "battered to death" to accept that their relationship is not
all-loving and all-caring.
I suggest we wish Mr Saidy and all those Gambians in the civil service
caught up in this all the best and pray that they find an easy way out of
it. "

MJ,
  Goody-goodies! To say that it gives me a serendipitous pleasure to see
that our "Dr" has finally came to our rescue is to put it mildly. I wasn't
going to dwell on this issue but I couldn't resist after I read your truth
sermon. Plus, I can't help it I'm a curious cat! Infact, I was thinking
something along the lines of Therapists, like a Neuro-, Psycho-, or better
yet Hypno-therapists to help some of us from our post-elections slumber.
Are hypnotized or is just the fact that the APRC have always confused
kindness with weakness? Most Gambians are being taken advantage of simply
because by virtue we are just too damned kindhearted. Call me coldhearted
but I'm not buying Tombong's pitch. I am an outfielder and I'm sticking to
my guns!"My APPOINTMENT is TERMINATED" my foot! He should have been FIRED
long time ago. Perhaps Almighty jammeh got sick and tired of having his
name mispelled Hammeh by his Director General. One mispell is one too
damned many for a DG,especially when it applies to the name of a president
and the humiliation it brings. But there's more to his TERMINATION and my
hunch is we may never know what really happens. Time will tell though.

Folks, it's easy how we forgive and forget. Remember what Jammeh said some
time back when he FIRED those poor hardworking, innocent, competent civil
servants who symppathizes with opposition parties? I quote:  " I Yahya
Jammeh, when I say you're FIRED(not TERMMINATED), you are FIRED, because no
one will ever hire you". Remember that folks? That means those he FIRED are
forced to seek jobs outside of The Gambia. Tombong is NOT forced into exile
and if anything he has a mobile phone business for last resort. Yet out of
more than 28 postings, more than 70 perccent of us who suffered so much
under Tombongs watch are remorseful about his untimely TERMINATION, and are
unwittingly advocating for a better APPOINTMENT for Tombong in the process.
Where was this remorseless geezer when some you painstakingly waited in
vain - forever- to get your questions answered. And to add more insult to
our intelligence, some have already thanked him for his contribution.
Contribution my foot! What contribution? This fellow hasn't answered your
questions, and even if he did you were lied to,--- HELLO! Wake up people!

And I don't mean any disrespect directed at anyone but folks I just cannot
blindfoldedly accept some of the reactions here at all. This is pathetic.
Dumo et al are languishing at Mile II, and all they  are yearning for is to
be granted their freedom so they can spend time with their families. And
here we busy sympathizing Tombong who has NOT even told you sympathizers
why his APPOINTMENT was TERMINATED nor what his next APPOINTMENT will be.
But he did infact was quick to remind us he is still APRC and Pro-Jammeh
in lieu having 'announced his OWN' TERMINATION. This mindboggling to say
the least. It seems every time Tombong wants create any public euphoria,
Gambia-L seemingly is his place of choice to spew his garbage( or can say
his contribution).  Well, I refuse to be a garbage picker.Let him take his
own garbage somewhere else - say The Observer Newspaper. I've had enough of
this cry-baby.

There are plenty of hardworking Gambians here in the US alone who have lost
their jobs after the 9/11 attacks and only their families and close friends
know what they're going through. Not to mention several other Gambians in
various parts of the world who may be going through the similar hardships.
They may not be dignitaries but they too are Gambians. So I say to hell
with Tombong's APPOINTMENT being TERMINATED. You people should be furious
if he doesn't have the guts to come back here and tell you all WHY his
APPOINTMENT was TERMINATED and WHY he is STILL a staunch APRC and Pro-
Jammeh advocate in lieu of being literally FIRED, and humiliated by his
good boss. How can he be so loyal. Didn't we warned him several occasions?
I remember vivid when I asked him what makes him so special to assume
Jammeh would not get rid of him, if infact we saw what happened to heavy-
weights like the  Pape Cheyasins and the Sedats Jobes. He busted into
laughters and said, " I am still the DG of GRTS last I checked". I also
remember Mr Ngai Jobe telling him to doube-check. Ebrima Ceesay's sources
don't just imagin things. These people are "right in the heart of the
Gambia government". Now look who was dreaming all this time. Yuk!

Dr Jaiteh, again thanks for  your astute observations. Rest assured all the
conspiring allegations I levelled against you for tactical reasons are dis-
missed. And even if it's true that Tombong is your best pal, you have the
wisdom and courage to look beyond nepotism and set him straight once and
for all. MJ,like they say down here, you have taken it to the hoop when
every body is busy bouncing the ball around. I , myself, I'm a straight
shooter. Well said Doctor Malanging Jaiteh- My man!**wink-:) Ooops! my
barbecue is getting cold. Gotta go! Gotta go! See ya!

Bye 4Now -:)
Mr Makaveli

Gambians Online " Designed With The Gambian People In Mind"
               http://www.gambiansonline.com