GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 7 Oct 2006 12:47:59 EDT
Ndey,

all you have said is quite true and  the reason for this state of affairs is
because our so-called leaders spend all  their time and energy trying to
refine the art of stealing what little assets we  have and how to disguise that art
while also refining how to lie to the people  instead of really taking stock
of the state of the country and devising ways to  move the machinery of state
in the most efficient manner and in a way that best  serves the populations.
In other words, the job of African  governments is  seen by those in charge as
an opportunity to form a mafia colaition with all  willing participants and
rob the country with a few crumbs trickled down to  the   suffering masses every
once in a while and to treat this token  as a personal gift of benevolence
from the despotic leader. These days, they  have even learned the art of saying
the right things to deceive those with  genuine good will in the international
community. Our leaders in Africa have  surpassed their colonial masters in
the art of deception and economic rape of  their people and the more despicable
a dictator the longer they will stay with a  pat on the back from those who
would never get away with or condone such  behaviour in their own countries.
African dictators are rewarded by the few  opportunists at home who benefit from
their illegal and illegitimate activities  and those abroad who also benefit
by their presence because they can lend more  money at higher interest rates
and have the upper hand in access to the natural  resources of Africa. It is the
most heinous crime in human history and people  are getting away with it
because of the long line of collaborators on our  continent ever willing to
participate in the economic enslavement of their own  people so long as they make a
few bucks from the process. Witness Darfour if you  will and ask yourselves
who are the major players who buy oil from Sudan and  those oil contracts are
far more precious to them that the lives of Africans,  and that is why despite
the outcry of the decent people in the World, these same  governments are
engaged in empty rhetoric on the subject because they must do  all they can to
maintain the status quo so that their partners in crime in the  Sudanese
government stay right where they are. Instead, they send food aid with  a lot of press
coverage while pushing for U.N troops to go in and once they go  in, the U.N
being the tool of the super powers nations that it is today, these  troops will
stay in and  their mission will be to make sure that Bantustans  are
maintained to keep the masses marginalized while the leaders of these  nations and
their partners continue with the business of conducting their  lucrative trade
while once again on the African continent, the people of a  resource rich region
continue to wallow in poverty.

Jabou Joh

In a  message dated 10/7/2006 5:25:25 A.M. Central Daylight Time,