GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Momodou Buharry Gassama <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jul 2006 01:03:08 +0200
Hi Prince!
                Thanks for the piece. In trying to grasp the numeric
importance of the data you posted about the last elections, let us try to
put the numbers into perspective. The addition of 40 to 3 equals 43. 43 out
of 100 leaves 57. This simply means that even together, the opposition had
an unsurmontable task in trying to win the presidential elections based on
the data you posted. The issue of numbers would have been relevant if there
was a second round of voting. In this winner takes all situation, the
opposition polling 49 % of the votes still won't be enough to win against
Yaya. That is why the opposition leaders need to talk to each other without
preconditions and iron out whatever differences they have in order to have
any meaningful chance of winning against Yaya. Thanks and have a good night.

    Buharry.