GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Madiba Saidy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 20:15:15 -0800
JAH RASTAFARI! - he reigneth and liveth in the mind and soul of all
being!

Did any of you watch last night's special on TNT? I still have goose
pimples thinking about the tribute. A tribute to a legend indeed - it was
dry and heavy.  Much love to the Marley Clan for keeping the dream alife!
My all time fav BURNING SPEAR would have said it was a black wa-da-da! It
was a blast, man!

Erykah Badu tore up the joint with her wicked rendition of "No More
Trouble".  As if that were not enough, she collaborated with Jimmy Cliff
to give us a murderous duet of "No Woman, No Cry".

Other performers included: Lauren Hill, Tracy  Chapman, Queen Latifah,
Busta Rhymes etc.  If you  did not watch it, try to.  I'm sure TNT will
air it again and again. It was definitely very worthwhile. Sorry for not
informing y'all about it earlier, my bad!

please check out the link below for more details.

www.tnt-tv.com/specials/onelove/frame_main6_exclude.html

One love,
          Madiba.