GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Y Jallow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 20 Dec 2008 07:59:33 -0600
To the non-Christians, X-mas simply denotes the birth of Jesus (Esa)
(PBUH)which is normally celebrated by the Christians according to
their own calender. In Islam, to which I belong, Muslims honor Esa
(PBUH) and have him in high esteem. There is a surah called suratul
Mariyam (Mary.) I recommend this as a read list to all Christians
reading this thread. There are so many beautiful things about Esa
(PBUH) such as you will never see in any other book in existence.

In the spirit of togetherness, co-existence and extention of a heart
of religious tolerance, I wish all those who celebrate it well on
their feast of X-mas. For a long time, Christians and Muslims lived
together in harmony and shared a lot of moral values. This spirit must
never be shattered.

If in the past, some other religious groups or sects celebrated theirs
and I didn't openly wish them well, this thread also serves that
purpose. May Allah (SWT) give us true guidance and unstanding of the
affairs.

Today's world of terror

As they celebrate, they should condemn all sorts of terror; terror
from powerful Gov'ts ; terror from individuals and terror from groups
or sects. Terror which means inflicting fear or harm is totally wrong.

Happy Near Year 2009

In the same spirit, those that believe in it, I wish you successful
and prosperous new year.

--
yj

There is no god but Allah and Muhammad is His messenger.

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい