GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Yusupha Jow <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Dec 1999 16:17:12 EST
Saul,
Unfortunately the futile exercise of name calling that we engaged in is a zero sum game.  No one wins and we all end up getting our feelings hurt at one point or the other.  Much blood has been shed and it is time that we stop this silly game.  I, therefore, extend an olive branch to you as measure of my goodwill.  I also apologize to everyone that has been hurt, disappointed or distracted in the process. Saul, we are all capable of much more than we have shown over the past few days. You have shown that you are an extremely capable person with some of the nice articles concerning the constitution that you have emanated from you.  However, I had a strong objection to what I saw as a deliberate or maybe unwitting attempt at stereotyping.  In a situation like this, when two heads clash and no one gives an inch, the end result is usually unpleasant. And this has been the case here.

It is a bit surprising that you had to resort to threats to get your point across.  Threats have never bothered me and I can defend myself well. So no big deal.  Anyway, hope we can put this issue beyond us and move forward. Look forward to having more agreeable moments with you, Saul.

Yus