GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kebba Jobe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 May 2001 16:40:54 -0000
Hamjatta, you wrote:

1. "Mballow, I'm glad you understand the spirit behind my constructive
criticism of your party. Please turn a deaf ear to that incorrigible
hypocrite and crass imbecile, "Kebba Jobe". He was only attempting to
mischieviously create both a psychological and political wedge between us.
In this - as in most of his ill-advised attempts to clutter this List with
his filth - he shall fail miserably".

Hamjatta, by the time I am through with you, you will realise just how
idiotic you can some time be.

2. "However, i think in your response to my position, you agreed virtually
to most of my charges without so much as uttering it plainly. The gist of my
argument was that the UDP is inconsistent afflicted at times and most of the
vital bread and butter issues concerning the economy, security, social and
political issues that will grip a post Jammeh Gambia has not been clearly
articulated by your party".

So do now you agree that the "UDP is INCONSISTENT AFFLICTED AT TIMES", and
that MOST OF THE VITAL BREAD and BUTTER ISSUES concerning the ECONOMY,
SECURITY, SOCIAL and POLITICAL ISSUES that will grip a post Jammeh Gambia
HAS NOT BEEN CLEARLY ARTICULATED by your party (the UDP)"? Emphasis mine.

3. "Here one can see that your party leadership's declaring of the
by-elections free and fair albeit a few hitches was not only contradicted
but reveals the hubristic tendency of your party's communication of vital
information".

Are you admitting here that the UDP has the"hubristic tendency" of
communicating the party's "vital information"?

4. "Perhaps the choice of words should not have been inconsistencies but
**incompetence** i.e., incompetence in presenting their case appropriately
and tactfully to the Gambian peoples and the world outside. Yet, even the
inconsistency charge has not been effectively disarmed by you".

Here what you are saying is that, not only is the UDP inconsitent, it is
also INCOMPETENT in presenting their case.

Earlier on you also wrote:

5. "Prior to the farce that became the by-elections of Baddibu and Kiang,
Brother KB and i raised the flag in the inconsistency inherent in
challenging the legitimacy of Roberts and on the other hand go ahead and
contest by-elections administered by the very person whose chairmanship they
deem as illegal. This we argued then was going to TACITLY legitimise Roberts
and in the long-haul of electoral political positioning in the run up to the
2001 elections, make the UDP lose its moral ground. Sadly, such constructive
strictures fell on deaf ears as with most critical strictures that we have
served to them. As it
happened, the UDP contested the said by-elections and the "results" left
much to be desired for - to  the chagrin and embarrassment of the party
leadership".

Here you are telling us that your "constructive strictures FELL ON DEAF EARS
as with most critical strictures that" you have served to them. Emphasis
mine. This suggests a very arrogant party, if you ask me.

6. "This is all thanks to the ripples of arrogance that one sometimes can't
help in detecting coming from the UDP direction".

Oops, you've just confirmed the arrogance I suspected earlier. Do go on.

7. "Needless to point out that the UDP's current lack of political
muscle to make certain manoeuvering and moral predicatment or dilemma, is
largely their own making".

Oops. Another indictment of the "INCONSISTENT, INCOMPETENT, DEAF and
ARROGANT party? Well let's wait and see.

8. "In my opinion, they need to do more in demarcating facts from fictions
surrounding their alternative programme to the APRC and their underpinning
political philosophy.  Criticising the worst excesses of Jammeh and or the
APRC doesn't by itself constitute a clear demarcation of where the UDP
stands on the crucial issues and where it wants to take the Gambia if it
does end up winning the mandate to govern".

Are you telling us here that they (the UDP) does not demarcate "FACTS from
FICTIONS surrounding their alternative programme to the APRC" and that
"Criticising the worst excesses of Jammeh and or the APRC doesn't by itself
constitute a clear demarcation of where the UDP stands on the crucial issues
and where it wants to take the Gambia if it does end up winning the mandate
to govern"? Criticising? What on earth are you telling us here? Isn't it
just what you've been doing since time immemorial? What's the difference
between your strategy and that of the UDP?

9. "Coming out as it did in saying that it shall contest the Kiang East
results after officially - at least in an implicit Orwellian double-talk -
that the by-elections fared relatively well and in fact alluded a clean bill
of health to the by-elections, surely exposes that something is
fundamentally amiss in the messages the UDP occasionally sends out. I hope
they realise that a political opposition that lays such claims to being
ready to be mandated for election to the highest political office in the
land should be ahead of its times and judiciously endeavour to demarcate all
fictions, doubts and vile rumours from the reality of its ethos, programmes
and what it ultimately
seeks to achieve for the Gambian peoples".

Are you implying here that the UDP is not "ahead of its time" does not
"judiciously endeavour to demarcate all fictions, doubts and vile rumours
from the reality of its ethos, programmes and what it ultimately
seeks to achieve for the Gambian peoples"?

Hamjatta, have you realized what an indictment of the UDP you have done?
Like I advised you the other time, "Say not always what you know, but always
know what you say". Before rushing to your key board and dictionary trying
to hoodwink people into accepting the sort of garbbage you peddle on the L
just remember that you are not dealing with embeciles or idiots. I
personally have a very anayltical mind, fully capable of addressing any
rubbish you post. I will also remind you again and your vulgarity will not
be a deterent at all. I know that you want to make your mark, but just mind
what mark you make. It is said that "a man should be able to get ahead
without getting a swelled head".

Finally now that you are beginning to see the bigger of problem with the UDP
as it really is, take your time to analyse them carefully. I'm sure you'll
recall the signature that used to come with my posts. It is reproduced below
for your benefit and as well as for the benefit of others who are yet to see
the bigger picture.

"There is a time in the life of every problem when it is big enough to see,
yet small enough to solve" (MIKE LEAVITT). Now that the UDP problem is big
enough for you to see, try working on a solution.

Have a good day & bye 4Now, KB Jobe.