GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ousman Bojang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 May 2000 21:47:22 EDT
It is unfortunate if you or any of those who you mentioned wanted to join the
L but could not because of the "hostility." If they have ideas and they do
not run away from other sides of the story no matter how dumb they think they
are, they should not fear to join.
It is so sad that the Gambia L is perceived as such. This forum is like any
chat room and any one could run away if they feel beaten. Any one who feels
like a minority do not have to be part of it. No one is forced to be part of
it too I guess especially hence any one could read the subscriptions without
being a member, thanks to the L managers for that.
The Gambia L might be called what ever, but it gives us the best place to
maturely discuss in a better democratic forum than our own nation could
provide for us. And please tell your friends that they do not have to join.
And NO ONE HAVE TO STAY on either.
I think you owe the L managers an apology. They did not create this forum for
a one sided discussion. I think they deserve better than that label.

Ousman Bojang.