GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
saul khan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Dec 1999 02:13:53 GMT
Katim,

Your revelations regarding the Matarr issue provide a very good insight into
the entire G-L history. It gives us new-comers a perspective we would not
otherwise have. Those of you who were involved from start ought to be
commended.

Regarding Matarr, I was of the opinion that he should be let back just to
silence his few supporters, in which case, people like myself whose parents
he's called names should refrain from reading anything from him just like
I've been doing: Delete the message as soon as I see Matarr's name/signature
trademark.

But having read your piece in it's entirety, I don't see how anyone can
fault the managers for the pre-conditions being laid down. It's pretty cheap
considering this guy's history. His supporters need to be fair to some of
us. Yes, Matarr brings (contributes) s'thing to the Bantaba: the views of a
fanatical pro-Yaya Jammeh psychopath, whose idea of patriotism is to
criminalize the views of anyone critiquing the govt.

If they really care for Matarr, they'll be organizing a fund-raiser to help
the guy get mental treatment. As it is, he's a time bomb. It's only a matter
of time before the guy explodes. I hope that doesn't happen in the Gambia.
[I'll be most glad to contribute to such a fund b/c the guy REALLY NEEDS
help.) I would be truly concerned if he were my relative/friend. So, if you
care for Matarr, pls get help for him b/c even Yaya Jammeh doesn't react to
criticism of his govt the way Matarr does. There's nothing normal about
that.

Peace.

Saul.