GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
SANNEH K SAMUEL <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 2004 12:23:00 +0100
Again I understand that you have rights to your opinion but so do I. It is
like the Martin Luther King Junior's principle of speaking non-violence to
the Ku klux klan while Malcolm X was talking about any means necessary to
achieve our independence and freedom. Mr Tunkara they were both murdered
violently. I have no problem what so ever if Gandhist like you can talk to
our people to stop helping a mad man kill our people but am saying that make
sure they understand the language you talk.
I will not go down to the fact as to how much I contribute or how much you
or any other person for that matter contributed to the cause of changing
this mad trend of assasinations and political murder.
I have said it before and am saying it again. My belief is that, I will not
preach non violence to our people when they are confronted with violence
every day. This will not be intelligent or consistant with my beliefs. I say
any day we talk the language that Jammeh understands, we will not only gain
our dignity back but we will stand as tall and as respected not only by
Jammeh but the international community as well. I belief in justice and
equal rights for all and that means if Jammeh and the APRC contradict the
truth, so they stand condemned not by me but by the truth. It is sad that
when we want to stay neutral on this forum then we identify ourselves but
then when it comes to being critical about this madness, most of us if not
all would rather come up with undercover names. I will not hide nor will I
run, I have all the rights both God given and constitutional, to call for
the immediate and swift over throw of this government. It is illegal and
criminal. It is murderous and poisnous, this tumour of cancer needs to be
removed and if violence is the only way the tumour understands so I say use
violence.
Iam not asking every Gambian to pick up an AK 47 but am saying that bringing
down a government that is constituted of ignorant and murderous men and
women, requires all sectors of the society and that is why I say our poets,
artists, politicians, Che Guevars, Gandhist like you, members of the
security units, religious leaders and the working class that cannot feed
their families when the gang leaders decided to increase their own salaries
all have a say as to how this change can take place.
Yes iam sitting thousands of kilometres away from the Gambia but that is
only the geograpical factor, am not only of my geographical bearings but
also national, ethnical and Gambian. Mr Tunkara I also have feelings and am
fully aware of the consequences of my words and also equally aware of the
implication of my proposed over throw of this Government. I take it on me as
responsibility to write and fight by all means necessary to see the end of
this madness. The details as to how much am prepared to go remains
exclusively my decision. With all respect, I understand that we cannot agree
on certain principles but that's what life is to me ...... atleast.
Nyanachor
Karlstad university, Sweden