GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ams boye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2006 02:12:00 +0100
We have a problem here, don`t we? The center point of discussion should have been "How we could liberate Gambia from the Kanilai Yob?", but it`s just sad that we in the opposition camp have allowed the selfish interest and wishes of some political elements in the opposition to divert our course of political struggle. Instead of striving to be in control of government, now its a battle to be the "STRONGEST OPPOSITION PARTY".
  Ofcourse we all have our political rights, and may decide to support any party of our choice.
  Everyone here will agree with me that under a simple plurality system of voting no single party in the opposition camp could defeat the APRC in a general election.
  This was why, after an amendment which changed the system fro absolute majority to simple majority was made folks in the opposition realized that that coming together was the only alternative, if Jammeh is to be removed from power.
  It was then that NADD came into being. This was a very significant political development as far as the opposition in the Gambia is concerned.
  So why should we Gambians allow a few set of beings shatter it all for us.
  The division of this camp is making the APRC even stronger, the recent bye-elections bears testimony to this fact.
  Mr Mballow, i would love if you could explain to folks in here, what impact does the strength of the UDP over NADD (if it exists) have on the course of the political struggle?
  You and others like Sanneh and Conteh are bent on creating enermity and open confrontation between NADD and UDP. It is no more a struggle against Jammeh for you. And in your own words you said:

  ".........Planning a DEMOCRATIC COUP D'ETAT against the biggest
opposition party UDP is not going to work."

  Since when? You`re not talking to fools here remember. If you were the strongest opposition party, then why did your candidate lose even though you had the helping hand of another party (NRP)?
  You think the UDP and Darboe could do it all, if they could why then did they joined NADD in the first instance.
  Your man (Ousainou) thinks he`s destined to rule Gambia, oh yes! but the fact is he can`t.
  We`ve all seen the inefficiency and lack of committment in his personality which was why Waa Juwara left.
  And mark my words, the UDP`s union with Amat too will end in the same way, because you guys feel you should always lead the way, which is utter nonsense to me.
  Remembered in 2001, just make sure 2006 isn`t goin to be the worst.
  I wonder why you find it so hard to face reality and be honest to yourselves even for once.
  The bye elections is just a the begining, you thought you were gona sweep the polls, and some even went to an extent of announcing victory before hand.
  I know you were dissapointed when the results reached you, because it was never what you expected.
  No one here has time teaching you guys sense, neither will any give you candy for you to support NADD, all we`re saying is Darboe, Hamat and the UDP/NRP indeed owe the Gambian people an explaination as to why they left NADD, until they offer to explain something reasonable and factual, people like me will never, i mean NEVER take them seriousely for they never can be, and the same apply to you lot that keep glorifying them and their obsolete views.

  Chaw,
  ams Boye.

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい