GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Mr. O. B. Silla" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Dec 1999 03:35:24 EST
Matarr,

In all fairness to you and the guys you have mentioned in your posting I have
not personally spotted any rude comments from their postings as to spark off
any unwarranted actions against them.  Of course, I am not exonerating them
completely of any of the allegations labelled against the people you have
named for I joined the List towards the very tail-end of all these so called
"Matarr saga", hence, I take you accusations against them with a pinch of
salt.  On the contrary, majority of the List Members were of the view that
you went too far in numerous cases as to insult individuals and in some cases
their parents both in this forum and privately.  This I think is uncalled for
because to paraphrase Abdoulaye's contentions, in the small Gambia insulting
one person or group persons indirectly amounts to insulting everybody's
fathers, mothers, brothers, sisters etc.  The Gambia is a closely knitted
family.  In short, all we are asking for now from anybody involved in these
uncouth exchanges to forthwith bury the hatchet and open a new page designed
to chart a better Gambia for all and sundry. I hope this sinks in very head.

Mr. Njie on a final note, I apologise to you if you feel I was biased in my
comments but let me assure you that I was very sincere about them.  Like many
speakers have said in prior postings, it is all in the spirit of
reconciliation and fairplay starting with The Gambia-L itself.

Peace!
OB Silla.