GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kebba Foon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Nov 2003 23:02:00 -0500
My fellow countrymen and friends of The Gambia,

We had a successful meeting on Saturday, September 13th 2003 at Goree night club. We wish to thank our hosts. They were cordial. We must keep supporting our own.
Present at the meeting at various times were:

 Yankuba Darboe
 Haruna Darbo
 Malang Maane
 Kebba Foon
 Musa Jeng
 Amat Gaye
 George Sarr
 Lamin Jobarteh
 Saloum Njie

The meeting was to work out a compromise to enhance the ware and circumstance of Save The Gambia Fund. Musa and I both gave impassioned speeches about the Fund and below are the Compromise positions Musa gave and we all concurred. It is agreed that once accepted by Joe and Dr. Saine, we can be well on our way toward Saving Gambia from her ills:

1. Membership should not be limited to donors only. It should be open to
    all Gambian citizens and friends of The Gambia.
2. A management Committee should be formed from volunteer members (as
    described in 1. above)
3. Save The Gambia Fund must be a Political Action Group and not a fund raising organization only, Funds however are the lifeblood of all PACs.
4. Local advocacy units, managed by local residents, be formed in every State of these United States and in foreign lands. That these local advocacy units operate under the larger umbrella of Save The Gambia Foundation.
 These positions are widely held by consensus in the meeting.

 So presented and may so be forewarded.

 Concensus was also that I present this compromise position with our warmest  regards to Dr. Saine and Joe Sambou, for they have toiled long and hard toward the realization of any semblance of a coordinated effort in view to saving Gambia. So declared, and may so be communicated.
This is an attempt to salvage our country together in good time and manner.

   My fellow citizens,
   Please review the foregoing and submit variances. I will add that Dr.Saine and Joe agreed to the above. I thank you for sharing citizenship with me and I look forward to working with all.

    Kebba Foon