GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 19:09:33 EDT
In a message dated 4/10/2002 12:38:26 PM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Linda Chavez is demonstrating the same nihilistic tendencies of the Israeli
> army.  Why not?  Let the Israelis do to the Palestinians what the
> forefathers of this nation did to the Native Americans. I can't be any
> madder!
>
> Soffie

Soffie,

That is precisely the very reason that the U.S is so callous in their outlook
regarding the problem of the Palestinians. These people cannot afford to
condemn anyone for illegally taking someone else's land to settle in and
virtually eliminating them because they are guilty of the same thing vis a
vis the Native Americans, and definitely do not want to encourage any
displaced making that subject a World issue.

 It was the same callous tendencies they displayed all the while that the
Afrikaners were exercising apartheid on the South Africans. Infact, the U.S
supported the efforts of the apartheid regime by doing business with them,
and also by having the CIA keep tabs on South African exiles like  my good
friend Hugh Masekela,  and people like Miriam Makeba and others who were
trying to let the World know what was going on in that country.

The Isrealis are doing the same thing today. Did you know that Palestinians
have to carry ID cards on their person at all times, and will be arrested if
they do not have it on their person when stopped by the Isrealis? And the
Isrealis had the audacity to stop to commenorate the Holocaust the other day,
right in the middle of exercising the same genocide on the Palestinians. What
an irony.
George Bush fanned the fires of this genocide and only made an about face
when he realized that the entire World was aghast at this modern day attempt
to eliminate an entire people in broad daylight. Even this charade by the U.S
of demanding that the Israelis withdraw immediately is just that. Like the
king of Morocco asked Colin Powell when he stopped there on Monday, why did
he not start where the massacre was in full swing first? Instead Powell is
taking his sweet time ot get to Israel and allowing the butcher of Tel Aviv,
Ariel Sharon to continue killing as many people as he can before he is forced
to stop. If the U.S really wanted Isreal to stop this massacre, they could
have achieved it by now, or even prevented it's initiation.

Regards,
Jabou N.Joh,
President/ceo,
Cumberland Investment Group,