GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
MN Abdoulie Njie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Nov 2001 13:27:33 +0000
As it is said Tombong Saidy is no longer the Director General of GRTS and
that Bora Mboge is the new DG. And guest what Neneh Macdoul is the new
Manager of tv programmes. what a shame. everyone at Grts and probably in the
Gambia know the relation between Neneh and yahya Jammeh, and between Bora
and Neneh.It is no secret that they are sharing a bed. Neneh went with yahya
Jammeh to Morrocco and use to spend every night of that trip in his bedroom
on the pretext of interviewing him for a documentary which was never air,
because there was no cameraman in the room to take the picture and the
intreview on tape. Neneh's husband recently had a problem at GAMTEL and
neneh has to go to yahya to get the problem sweep under the carpet. with
Bora, one would even be ashame to know what these people do in the office.
Because that is where they do all their love playing and making.

Tombong may has his problems as no man is perfect but What Tombong can do
for GRTS is far beyound Bora's reaches. GRTS is going to be a nonsense
place. Bora is more that a pupet and would not only dance to the music of
yaya but would even shine his ass to stay in the job. I am really sorry for
the staff of GRTS and for the GAmbian people who depend on GRTS for
information because with the staff, they would soon start retenching them
for lack of work to do and the Gambia people would have a tv station that
would be showing nothing but yaya jammeh, baba jobe and the APRC.

Tombong did his best for GRTS and because of the equal time he allocated to
all political parties during the election, which yaya and the APRC did not
like, all these problems start.

We on the ground would continue to watch what is happening at GRTS.