GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
kebba daffeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Apr 2001 09:43:08 -0700
Date:Tue 10 Apr 2001

Reply-to:The Gambia and related issue mailing list

From:[log in to unmask]

Subject:April 10/11:THE GAMBIAN TRAGEDY

TO:[log in to unmask]

Hellow Folks,

April 10/11 2000 will always be remembered as the most tragic days in the post colonial history of The Gambia.It was indeed unimaginable to most Gambians that situations in our peace loving country could so rapidly degenerate to such levels that unarmed students could be shot and killed with live amunitions in broad day light by the very people who were sopposed to protect them.After all what has happened,The Gambia as a nation is still recovering from the devastating after shock of this tragic event and is patiently searching for it's conscience.

As far as i am concern, the events of last april are more than mere political issues.We are dealing with a national tragedy of immence importance and history will judge our roles and the lessons we've learnt from it.Truth and justice are no hinderances to any genuine reconciliation process but should instead be seen as facilitators and accelerators of the process.Gambia people are not witch hunters to be involve in any witch hunting exercise and are capable of forgiving within the frame work of justice and reconciliation.

I recognise the need for JUSTICE and NATIONAL RECONCILIATION.It's really not easy for me to believe that we can achieve national renconciliation without justice.

Daffeh