GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
saul khan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2001 14:21:21 -0000
Karamba,

The question is simple and straight-forward: Would it be any consolation to
any of us if thru' our collective dysfunction Yaya Jammeh keeps peeing on us
for another five years?

In other words (and to use a worse case scenario,) would we rather be
dealing with a less-than competent civilian administration that would
restore PPP era serenity to our public life, or would we rather risk another
five years of Yaya Jammeh KNOWING in our hearts that HE WILL let his goons
loose on our people any time he feels threatened? Who among us is willing to
take that chance? Who among us won't mind if Yaya's goons beat the crap out
of his/her parents? Or rape his/her sister? Or shoot his kin down? None of
this is far-fetched! It happens back home routinely -to our fellow Gambians!
How long would it be before it hits any of us directly? What makes any of us
think our immediate families are immune to what happens to "others?"  People
just don't seem to grasp the importance of what's at stake here. But, if the
cold-blooded murdering of the little kids last year isn't enough to wake
people up, then there's no point trying anything else.

Saul.

A strong piece of advice and when Darboe comes to the
United Kingdom we will give him the same treatment.
Gambia deserves better and another five years under
APRC will be a disaster. Lets do it for the sake of
our brother who have suffered too long.

Hope you have a successful ALD symposium.

Sanusi

-