GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 13:08:40 +0200
Fellow Gambians,
I believed to have been hitted by  thurnderbolt as the message about the
student massacre in the Gambia reach me yesterday.
I thought of my own schooldays and my active years in then NUGS. I thought
of the 1986/87 student's strike at the sting-corner junction.
Lord of mercy I woud have dead was the Gambia then ruled by such idiots.
I thought of Moja-G members who were victims of the  police arrests. Would
they live to tell their stories?
What is going on in the Gambia today is not military but rather babaric and
inhuman. It reminds of the then "MANSAS" like Musa-molo. Power absulute.
The world have seen dictators come and go, and I bet Jammeh will also go.
And he will go down in history as one of the most senseless, brutal and
corrupt leaders of the modern world.
However, sisters and brother, I think we now have reached the top of the
iceberg. Now the time has come where every honest and sincere Gambian must
join vanguards of justice for a better Gambia for every GAMBIAN.
Now the the dictator dug his own grave completely why should we wait longer
with the burial. This government indeed deserves no longer our confidence
and help this is why I suggest:
1. All those civilians working with this government should resign
immediately. For a government that pays no heed to the life's and needs of
its citizen deserves not to be served.
2. I heard of the arrest of GAMSU -leadership. We must demand for their
immediate release. Should they sustain injuries or lost of income while
under police custody then we have to give every support necessary to get
them compensated.
3. I understood that GAMSU demand the remains of their compatriots who died
in action in order to give the type of burial these people deserved.  We
must give them every support to enable them realise this goal. And from now
should even a rat die in through these people its remains must be handed to
its owners to enable them pay the due respect to it.
4.Irrespective of our political positions we should join hands, plan
together, share ideas and demonstrate   our strenght and our dislike to this
regime. Therefore I urge the opposition partys to mobilise their members and
sympathizers and go out in the streets and press for the resignation of the
entire cabinet.
5.Meanwhile Gambians abroad should actively mobilise and expose this
government. Those in America should demonstrate in thier respective local
arears and also draw the attention of the house of senates. The same thing
needs to be done in europe. And those in europe should organise one big
demonstration outside the parliment buildings of the EU in Brussels.
Local co-ordinating committees need to be put up and they in turn, together
with the forces at home will form the international co-ordination
committees.
At this point I would suggest to name people from our various ends who will
help in building this local co-ordinating committees. I think this will
facilitate the work. From our end (that is Germany )
I am suggesting Alpha Robinson to lead this.
Please send in the names of those you think could man this task under the
following subject "Local task force". I wish if the opposition parties would
also submitt the names of their respresentatives.
I thank you all.
Pettidu