GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sanusi Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 May 2004 16:11:25 +0100
My Dear List-Managers

In the name of transparency and  fairplay , I would
like to know the reasons for removing Joe Sambou from
the list.

I believe the poor man has not been treated fairly.
 Calling Joe a Double Agent was an insult to even
those who have known him since his days at Serre-Kunda

http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/gambia-l.html>.

> [...]
> > to Gambia-L.
> >
> > 11. An expelled subscriber may apply to rejoin the
> > list three months after his or her expulsion.
> >
> > 12. Applications to rejoin the list must be
> approved
> > by a simple majority of the management team.
> >

> > Thank you for your cooperation.
> >

> > Sincerely,
> >
> > Gambia-L Management
> >

> > [log in to unmask] wrote:
> >
> > >Well, finally Conteh is out. I heard you
> indicated
> > that you will personally
> > >tell me the crap you've been spreading here, at
> the
> > ALD, and I really look
> > >forward to seeing you there Conteh. I will be
> very
> > disappointed if you do
> > >not show up or change your mind for any reason.
> > Make sure you go to the
> > >Embassy and get their phone log because I am
> going
> > to request that you
> > >either bring the proof or have the Embassy folks
> > (whomever, Tijan included)
> > >to support your lie. Something is seriously wrong
> > in your head Conteh. One
> > >minute you're ramble about one Gambia and
> political
> > maturity and resort to
> > >lying in the next. Most that met you know that
> you
> > don't seem stable.
> > >
> > >"During Sir Dawda's tenure, many politicians came
> > and went. Some
> > >capitalized their political opportunity at the
> > expense of the Gambian
> > >people. Some mortgaged their future and turned
> > their backs on the very
> > >principles that they stood for."
> > >
> > >Well Conteh, does this not speak about you? Did
> you
> > not bolt out after the
> > >Presidential elections and join SM to the APRC
> > after you sang your insanity
> > >song "Yaya let my people go" for months? If you
> are
> > not a opportunist, then
> > >who is? If you were not a wolf in sheep clothing,
> > then I wonder who is?
> > >
> > >"Under the APRC government a few Gambians were
> > quick to embrace the young
> > >soldiers. Some of our current comrades danced
> with
> > the APRC at its infancy.
> > >Some realized that their days with the APRC
> > government were things of the
> > >past. They are now part of our struggle. Do we
> have
> > the right to pass
> > >judgment on these people? Can we conclude with
> > certainty that these folks
> > >are not sincere?"
> > >
> > >Conteh, let me help you out here, Gambians know
> > that you're not sincere and
> > >yours is a hustle and a fraud. What makes you
> > believe that the Alternative
> > >will waste their time with you? Under what party
> > are you going to contest
> > >under, APRC or NCP? You have a right to contest,

=== message truncated ===