GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Momodou S Sidibeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Mar 2006 21:21:54 +0100
Sister Jabou Joh wrote:

"...so I shall leave off  trying to challenge people to higher ideals as it
seems to be quite a stranger  in African politics and then we wonder why we
are always left trying to reinvent  the wheel".

At some point in the future, all of us must have to confront all painful
issues and questions that have so far been either only tentatively raised or
simply ignored. In that process of historical forensics on the divisions
inside NADD it should be of little moment what the electoral scorecards show
come october 2006. NADD would simply be better of had it remained intact as
a coalition of all the opposition.

The most unfortunate thing about the NADD splinter is not the probability of
further disintegration. It rather is the bleak possibility of subsequent
coalitions amongst progressives in Gambian politcal life for the foreseeable
future. The precedent set by this failure is a terrible one. Any
reconciliation can proceed only on the basis of some principled form of
internal discourse; and that is almost impossible at this point in time.

Weeks ago, I asked a criptic question here. I wondered loudly if anyone
could inform me about the identities of those compatriots whose ideas were
authored into NADD's MOU. I simply suspected that the MOU itself was
authored in order to "produce" the kind of impasse on the flagbearer
question just as it did. As sensational as it might sound, that is still my
point of departure. But as I said, all of that I will reserve for the
future. In the mean time, I am sure we would do better by thinking out
strategies that would help maximise the NADD vote, and I must say your input
is of major importance in that endeavour.

Cheers,
momodou s sidibeh

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい