GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 6 May 2001 14:19:23 EDT
Ebrima,

Tell your source that it is easy to see through the game plans of the APRC
because they are about as spontaneous as a piece of cabbage.

Once we understand that these people's motto is "anything to stay where we
are", coupled with total ignorance of how to run a government, and totally
oblivious of the awful and negative image they have around the World, and
which is made worse with each desperate move they make in their panicked
state, be it enacting senseless laws to cover themselves or using strong arm
tactics while telling everyone that they are the best that has happened to
The Gambia, or being coy and deceptive, then it is easy to see where they are
headed every time, no matter what they say or do,  how they say or do it or
who they dispatch to do the dirty job.

I guess Yaya Jammeh's new British advisor is trying to give him pointers on
how to be regal. Too bad that he has to pay someone to try to give him an
image that is not possible because the damage has already been done, but it
is all a part of the continuation of the senseless exercises. The chance to
be seen in any light other than that of a criminal bent on forcing himself on
the Gambian people flew away with those bullets that killed and maimed those
school kids, and the many dead whose storeis will undoubtedly be told one
day, and it continues with all the underhandedness that they are practicing
in readiness for another bogus election.

We have to remember that this is a war of wits and psychology too. Therefore,
we must see all their moves as strategies to distract those bent on exposing
them. If they are not ignored, they can tie people up in endless nonsesical
discourse that carries nothing new, just the retelling of the old tales that
we already know are of little relevance and significance in our struggle to
get rid of these criminals and their allies.
But that is also a strategy in itself.

Jabou Joh

<< Ebrima,