GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 18 Jun 1999 10:20:02 EDT
In a message dated 6/18/99 2:40:57 AM Central Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<<
 Ebrima, from your own opinion, has the Jammeh administration done any thing
 good since it came to power? I would definitely love to have an answer from
 you.

Tombong,

The "good things" are clouded over by those who have died and no explanations
have been given or investigations pursued,  by those who are abducted in the
middle of the night and it is simply said "they are not in our custody",
those in positions of responsibility but who nevertheless  display
lawlessness in public and can get away with it, those who harass and muzzle
the voice of the free press in various and sundry forms. l  guess the "good
things" are killing our country slowly but surely. That's what's known as
"loving us to death". It is akin to someone murdering your family members one
by one, but at the same time showering you with gifts so you can believe they
are just the best thing that ever happened to you.However, it is apparent
that some of us are not bothered in the least bit  by these atrocities, so
long as they are a  part of the false sense of power.But the saddest part  of
it all, is that those who commit these atrocoties not  only take themselves
seriously and call this good  governance, but they expect the rest of us to
follow suit in this simple minded  belief.