GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Hamadi Banna <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 09:25:17 PDT
Gambia-L:

I'm not here to hold brief for Tombong and I often desist from jumping into
personal issues. However, the political bickering and wrangling aside it is
my opinion that such mail as the "joke" recently posted on Tombong will
undermine our efforts to win our political debates.

Apparently, some people still tend to ignore Mr. Sarr's posting that this
was a "joke", albeit a serious one. We can fight, but we can still respect
eachother, I believe. As far as I know, Tombong is the only person that
comes from the other side of the fence to express himself regardless of the
fact that he is supporting a government that most of us would like to hang
by the neck.

Let's not forget that even when the students were massacred some APRC
supporters on this list saliently went mum, neither here nor there. Tombong
at least dares show his true colors.

I know we're yearning for a uniform political base, in which every Gambian
would live under an equitable and just political system. But as long as the
sun rises and sets, as long as good and evil, right and wrong exist, we'll
always have people who'd deviate from this ideal, for whatever reason. It is
by accepting this deviation that we can build a fair and just society, that
we can debate and finally say, "we've won, we've won!".

Hamadi.