GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2000 10:43:22 GMT
Madiba,
      Thanks for your posting.This shows how mankind can misuse the Shariah
teachings.Well,I am not a Shariah expert but these actions are totally NOT
in line with our Islamic teachings.Though young men and women are
Islamically encouraged to get marry at an early age but the burden to get
marry is not entirely on WOMEN alone.Doest the State concern do its home
work before taking such amazing  measures?If the women population
outnumbered their counterpart do the State provide the measures that will
encourage their men to marry more than one wives.Young men who have the
means to marry but decides not to marry  should also be arrested.It is a
pity that women are also the victims in our societies.
      May ALLAH guides in the right path.Wasaalam.

MARK