GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 11:50:23 -0400
George, you narrated a hilarious story on the surface. The sad thing though
is that this reveals a sick problem we have back home. This story could have
been told by ‘top civil servants’ in the illegal government and seemingly
sophisticated Gambians that are in one way or the other benefiting from the
Dictatorship. The mental midgets will say anything to make it appear that
Yaya is good for the country. ‘The Boys are trying’ is a favorite phrase you
hear from the ‘Ales Sufferers’. It is simply pathetic dealing with such
dishonest folks. It is hard to imagine how some people will happily enslave
themselves because of some lousy job that allows them to travel a few weeks
in the year and earn per diem. Some of these ‘top civil servants’ and
‘seemingly sophisticated Gambians’ are the worst nightmare for the country.
I dare say that they do the country more of a disservice than Yaya.

They cook up the most vicious LIES. Make the most ludicrous arguments. Try
to rationalize the most indefensible positions. All for what? To propagate
mediocrity in the society so that they can keep their lousy jobs. They are
the ones that facilitate Yaya’s transfers of millions of dollars from
government coffers. They are the ones that draft and defend draconian
Decrees in parliament and in courts. They are the ones that drag cases for
the government when the government wants to railroad innocent citizens like
Dumo. They are the ones that peddle the ‘benefits’ of a bogus commission of
inquiry in order to cover up the heinous massacre of our children on April
10 and 11, 2000. They are the ones that when they see Yaya owning a PRIVATE
plane, they pretend that this is not going on in the country. God help us
from these despicable folks living in denial.

The biggest fraud they mete against gullible Gambians both at home and in
the Diaspora is this ‘Development Myth’. These morons went and saddled our
country with the biggest loans you can imagine; and what can they show for
it? Our people are POORER than they were before the loans came in. Does this
make sense? But then you have the ‘elite’ pretending that AFPRC/APRC and the
loans are the best thing that can happen to our country. Now that people are
beginning to pin them down on this ‘myth’, you will hear all sorts of goofy
stories. The bottom-line is that the AFPRC/APRC record on ‘development’ (NOT
mentioning their other abuses) is indefensible. They have taken our people
BACKWARDS and there is worse to come. Simply put, the morons do NOT have the
wherewithal to uplift a country in such a deplorable state as Gambia.

The person that gave you the ‘salt story’ conveniently ignores that within
six months in power Yaya stole from the country more than it would take to
buy generators to electrify the entire country. No! they do NOT want to hear
that. They would rather enslave themselves and tell you a story that would
leave you thinking whether this man was an inmate in Campama. Yes! They
would prefer to look insane to you than tell the truth and make Yaya look
bad. See what some of the vermin have reduced themselves to? They would
rather tell you that a road that does NOT exist in the country is in the
country and make you think that they are incorrigible liars. Yes! They would
prefer to tell a blatant lie to make Yaya look good than safeguard their
integrity. It is simply pathetic.

Grown men emasculated to the extent that they would see nothing wrong in the
massacre of defenseless children as young as three. To them, the massacre is
justified because it ensures that Yaya remains in power because in their
sick minds Yaya is the only person that can develop the country. Does this
make any sense? As evinced by the sycophancy of people like Buba Baldeh and
Fatoumatta Jahumpa, these were the very people that used to feed Gambians
the garbage that without Jawara the country is doomed. Now, these very
people are saying that they are happy Jawara was ousted and God sent us a
High School dropout to replace the ‘indispensable Jawara’. They pretend to
forget how invincible Jawara was to them some short seven years ago. I can
guarantee you that the same bandwagons would be at the foothills of the next
president singing the same nauseating songs. The common traits among these
people are sycophancy, fear and vindictiveness.

Some are just pure sycophants. They will sing anybody’s praises if they
believe they can get something valuable in return. They will jettison
principles in a heartbeat and tell the goofiest and most outrageous stories.
Some are in this despicable game out of fear. They know more than anyone
else that Yaya is a brutal dictator. Though they will never admit that in
public, that is the driving force behind every vicious lie they tell to
exaggerate the AFPRC/APRC record in order to make Yaya look good. Others are
in this because they despised the old regime so much that they are willing
to tolerate someone that would massacre innocent Gambians so long as the
‘old order’ does not return and deprive them some of their newfound
‘privileges’. Whichever way you slice it, we are dealing with slimy people
that vigorously fight for their vested interests but would never admit their
selfish motives. Instead, they would be pretending to be doing the masses a
favor by supporting the Dictatorship. Just take SM Dibba for instance. To be
Speaker in parliament, the man is prepared to hug people he called murderers
and thieves few months ago. Dibba is prepared to ‘forget’ all he ever stood
for. He is prepared to dismantle his own party he worked for during the
better part of his life. All for what? To be called a Speaker in the most
undemocratic parliament in the entire world. He is doing this so that he can
be given an ‘official vehicle’ to ride around town. Talking about these
people would make you want to puke. But let us stay tuned for the biggest
‘Jamfa’ of all: ‘The Jawara Jamfa’. If this man comes to the country and
start exaggerating about the ‘great development myth’ (the UNFINISHED roads,
schools WITHOUT DESKS and CHAIRS and hospitals WITHOUT DOCTORS and
MEDICINE), then it would be time to start rounding up these sycophants and
institutionalizing them.

Thanks again, George. I hope all goes well for you and you are able to
continue your invaluable contributions to the society. Just hitting the
conscience of the vermin goes a long way towards bringing back sanity to the
country.
KB

>From: george sarr <[log in to unmask]>
>To: [log in to unmask]
>Subject: Re: The reality in The Gambia today.
>Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 16:18:52 -0400
>
>KB,
I ask this puppeteer; whatever happens to Jammeh's promise of electrifying
the entire nation before the 2001 elections? Remember how we all saw Jammeh
and his entourage drivng from Stink Corner all the way to Fatoto showing
everyone our newly arrived generators and how the crowd fell for it? Well,
you know the answer I got from this sycophant? You don't wanna know. Are you
sure folks? Ok , I'll spit it out. The moron told me someone added SALT in
the generators to sabortage the mission. Bilai Walai Talai, I am NOT making
this up folks. S-A-L-T ! The funnier part was he too vigorously insisted
that he wasn't making it up either. Can anyone find a grain of SALT in this
bogus story? Assuming this actually took place and that some oppositon thug
vandalized our newly arrived generators; wouldn't it be more appropriate as
common sense would dictate that a generator causing gambian tax-payers
god-knows-what would have some kind of INSURANCE ( you know , insuring
something valuable- duh). This is pathetic. I got up and left. May God bless
The Gambia.