GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Cherno Marjo Bah <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 2007 00:23:51 +0000
Hudanski fears tough Gambia tie

Congo coach Eddy Hudanski is expecting a tough ride when the hosts come up
against Gambia in the African Youth Championship (AYC) on Tuesday.

The Red Devils beat Ivory Coast 2-0 on Saturday to go joint top of Group A.

"We've made our next match more difficult by beating the Ivory Coast because
we have now become one of the favourites for the competition," he said.

"The Gambia will now be on their guard and make things very difficult for us
so we will have to be vigilant and look at how they played against Burkina
Faso."

Hudanski added: "I think the difference between us and the Ivory Coast was
that in the second half we had more desire to win the game.

"We saw at the start of the second half they were too relaxed and so we were
able to take the lead in the game."

The Gambia, who have been offered US$1m by President Yahya Jammeh to win the
competition, beat the Burkinabe 2-0 on Saturday.

Gambia's coach Peter Bono Johnson is full of confidence after his side won
their first match 2-0 against Burkina Faso.

"Our objective is to lift the cup," Johnson said.

"The Congo will have the advantage of having the support of the home crowd
behind them but we will make sure that we compose ourselves and not let the
atmosphere overcome us.

"They've also had the advantage of watching us train but we've prepared well
and will make sure we give them a run for their money."

Burkina Faso's youth coach Sideke Jarah was not feeling quite as confident
ahead of his side's tie against the Ivory Coast.

"I don't have a solution for our problems at the moment, we need to organise
ourselves better because we lost the ball too much in the middle of the
pitch.

"This cost us dearly, so we'll need to be more careful in this area," Jarah
said.

Story from BBC SPORT:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport1/hi/football/africa/6287449.stm

Published: 2007/01/22 17:44:53 GMT