GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Fye samateh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Feb 2007 00:05:39 +0100

http://cmpgnr.com/r.html?c=883143&r=882400&t=923586701&l=4&g=0&f=87949434

> Stokely Speaks Is Republished!
>

> We hope this email finds you in the best of health and spirits.
>
> Permit us a moment of your time to inform you that, on February 1, 2007,
Lawrence Hill Publishers, an imprint of Chicago Review Press,  officially
launched the republication of Stokely Speaks: From Black Power Back To
Pan-Africanism. It can be purchased from your local bookstore, and/or via
Amazon.com.

> As you are perhaps aware, Stokely Speaks was originally published by
Random House in 1971. It demonstrates and summarizes, through 15 of Kwame
Ture's speeches, his ideological and organizational history, growth and
development from 1965 to 1971.

> It serves, to some extent, as a history of the People and his generation,
and their movements and organizations, especially the Student Nonviolent
Coordinating Committee and Black Panther Party, two organizations that Kwame
worked for and helped build, during those six seminal years. It also serves
as a record of some of his contributions and impact.

> Mumia Abu-Jamal has written the New Foreword to Stokely Speaks. His
honesty and integrity, humility and dignity is extremely refreshing and
expected. His mind and pen are razor sharp and free, even though his body
remains chained behind prison walls.

> Kwame's family, co-workers and supporters will be forever grateful to him,
and to Pam Afrika who introduced us to him, for making their contribution
towards our 35-year effort to republish this classic. Bob Brown has written
the Preface to the 2007 Edition.

> We launch, through this email, a worldwide campaign to make Stokely Speaks
required reading in high schools, colleges, workplaces, churches, mosques,
temples, synagogues, prisons, discussion/study groups, and meetings in every
corner of Africa, the African Diaspora and the World.

> We hope that you will write and publish a review, (please forward us a
copy), promote Stokley Speaks on talk radio and by word-of-mouth, organize
discussion/study groups and meetings, books launch parties, etc.

> We also hope that you will help us find translators and publishers in
Traditional African and other languages.

> Surely you will agree, even if you disagree with Kwame, that this is  a
worthwhile effort!

> Permit us also to inform you that the All-African People's Revolutionary
Party, which is based in Conakry, Guinea, takes the occasion of the
republication of Stokely Speaks to launch a two-year and worldwide
ideological offensive, recruitment and networking drive and campaign.

> The A-APRP (GC) will, with your moral, material and financial help,
>
> (1) Introduce Kwame Ture, and his work, study and struggle, to a new
generation of progressive and revolutionary students and youth;

> (2) Revitalize existing members and supporters of the A-APRP (GC), and
recruit new ones; and

> (3) Renew old alliances, and build new ones, with progressive and
revolutionary forces, movements, organizations and governments in every
corner of Africa, the African Diaspora, and the World.

> TO PARAPHRASE KWAME TURE, WE WILL ORGANIZE, ORGANIZE, ORGANIZE, RECRUIT,
RECRUIT, RECRUIT, AND BUILD THE A-APRP(GC), LIKE YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN BEFORE!

> We hope that you will help us continue and expand Kwame's and our almost
five decades of work, study and struggle, by "any and all means necessary,"
and by any and all means that you can.

> You can help by inviting Bob Brown, and other A-APRP(GC) organizers, to
your country, city, community, campus, workplace, church, mosque, temple,
synagogue, prison, discussion/study group, or meeting.

> The theme of Bob's  presentation is From Black Power Back To
Pan-Africanism.

> Bob will offer information that you have never heard before, and a
perspective that you will regret not having heard first hand.

> He will speak, directly, honestly and militantly, to a new generation of
progressive and revolutionary students and youth in every corner of Africa,
the African Diaspora, and the World.

> He will call them to service and action, and offer them a mass,
revolutionary, Pan-African and International  program of work, study and
struggle.

> Who knows, we might find dozens, perhaps hundreds or thousands, of new
Kwame Ture's among our daughters and sons, grand daughters and grand sons,
poised and ready to make their contribution to, and impact on Africa and the
World.

> All they need is your and our encouragement, enablement, and empowerment!
>
> For more information on how you can:
>
> (1) Make a DONATION towards continuing and expanding Kwame's and our Work,
Study and Struggle, .

> (2) INVITE A-APRP (GC) Organizers, speakers and cultural artists to your
country, city, community, campus, workplace, church, mosque, temple,
synagogue, or prison, .

> (3) Become a MEMBER of the A-APRP (GC), .
>
> (4) Become a SUPPORTER of the A-APRP (GC), .
>
> (5) Renew or build an ALLIANCE with the A-APRP (GC), .
>
> Thank you in advance, for any and all assistance that you might give!
>
> Click here to send this to a friend :
http://cmpgnr.com/r.html?c=883143&r=882400&t=923586701&l=4&g=0&f=87949434

> ALL-AFRICAN PEOPLE'S REVOLUTIONARY PARTY (GC)
> E-Mail:
> Webportal Under Construction:
>
> You are subscribed as [log in to unmask] To unsubscribe please click
here:
[log in to unmask]&la=1&o=-75" target="_blank">http://cmpgnr.com/r.html?c=883143&r=882400&t=923586701&l=6&[log in to unmask]&la=1&o=-75
.

------LATEST NEWS FROM THE GAMBIA, NOW AT:>>-------