GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Joe Sambou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 May 2002 18:52:31 +0000
List members (silent and vocal), I am appealing to you'll to put a
moratorium on delisting individuals until we come to an agreement or
understanding on how to proceed with normal operations on the L.  Can you
kindly reinstate the individuals affected and we all engage in a more
productive discussion to put this behind us.  I understand this whole mass
management delisting and voluntary delisting by individuals came about
because of a commentary by Dave Manneh, which Mboge seconded, etc.  I do not
think divorcing oneself voluntarily or otherwise from the forum is the
answer to this problem, nor do I think that starting another bantaba is the
answer.  Let us calm down and reason out the issues to an understanding.
Once again, please reinstate the people in question and I also appeal to
those that voluntarily delisted to reconsider their decision and come back
to the table.  Remember, the struggle of our people is bigger than each an
every one of us.  Going our separate ways does nothing but hurt the very
cause that we fought for so long - forging a better Gambia for all.  I
patiently await your cooperation in this request.

Chi Jaama

Joe Sambou