GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Malanding S. Jaiteh" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Jun 2001 11:46:31 -0400
I tried to avoid this discussion two reasons. 1. There is no evidence that
these so-called cautionary statements are indeed authentic and 2. Even if
they are authentic I am troubled about publicly debating the case. This is
because whatever the argument, pro or against  could be used by the
prosecution who would do anything to see that these people are guilty as
charged. Jammeh's refusal to bring this matter to court should tell us all
what there is in it.
The reality is the case is not just politics, it is a matter of life and
death for the accused.

Malanding Jaiteh