GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
MLJ Conteh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 May 2001 06:39:52 -0400
Dear Mr. Makaveli:

My stance for a fund drive still continues.  A boycott
is temporary as a symbolic gesture in getting international
pressure for free and fair elections that could take place
in a period of fifteen months.

The Sandinistas in Nicaragua used this strategy.  The
money collected for the presidential fund drive is in
good hands.  I have trust in brother Joe to keep the
money for us for as long as it takes to mount
international pressure on the dictator of kaninlai.  The
opposition should boycott as a symbolic gesture in
setting conditions and an appeal to the international
community for free and fair elections.  There is no
inconsistency in this strategy.

Naphiyo,

Comrade ML Jassey-Conteh