GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Abdou Bobb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2006 23:40:49 +0200
Folks,

I do think that this regime is crumbling and this doesn't seem to be managed chaos, these idiots have never been that skillful anyway. It's been hinted by some that what is happening is reminiscent of dictatorships where fear is relied upon to perpetuate the status quo but I think that the loyalties of the regime's henchmen are quite fluid. Gambia isn't the 30's Soviet where Uncle Joe had the absolute loyalties of Jesov and Beria (who even though lived in constant fear of being purged had nonetheless some breathing space to work in, this compared to the high turnover rate in the NIA).
My only fear now is that sand castle (or dungeon) will crumble/implode and leave a power vacuum that another brutal and lucky idiot will step into. The bickering that we've been witnessing recently in connection with the choice of the opposition candidate does seem indicate that there are potential power-grabbing personalities galore waiting out there just for such an opportune moment.

Cheers!
Abdou