GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ginny Quick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ginny Quick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jul 2005 09:05:11 -0500
Hello, Fye, I think colonialism and slavery can explain a lot, as far
as why Africa got to the point where it has gotten to

     However, at some point, people need to take responsibility for
their own deeds and actions, especially when they are the ones in
power.

     In the case of Africa, it seems the abused have become the
abuser, and of their own people, no less.

     On one hand, I think that the exploitation of Africa and its
people contributed to why Africa is in the state its in, however, at
what point do you go from blaming what happened int he past, and
looking to what's happening right now, in the present, as to why
things are so bad in Africa?  Or, is it the combination of the two,
meaning, past wrongs, combined with current problems, such as
corruption, incompetence, etc.?

     I think the past contributed to what's going on now, ut at the
same time, African leaders need to take responsibility for their
actions, and not blame other people and past events for their current
problems.  They also need to put the best interests of their people at
heart.  Maybe then, Africa would get out of the mess its in.

I feel like I'm talking in circles, so I'll go now.

Ginny

--
Visit my blog at: http://GinnysThoughts.blogspot.com/

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい