GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 27 Aug 1999 09:46:45 EDT
Thanks Habib and all those working towards this effort to lend a helping
hand. Any amount will make a big difference l am sure. If everyone
coordinates with those in their immediate community and then pass it on to
one of these sources, or send it direct to Gambia, it will be a blessing to
those without housing and food.l will be contacting folks in the Nashville
area this weekend to see what we can come up with.May Allah bless our efforts.

Jabou Joh

Good Job , GLC.

 I will give you guys anything sent to me or simply redirect them too you.
 I do not like to handle money generally because someone will always come up
with
 where did he get it questions if you are seen with a new pair of shoes or  a
 clean car or anything of value.
 I want to help very much as always in the past but  feesabillah only.

 Pa Ndarow Sey of the Gambia Muslim Assn. and Alhagi Lamar will be at the
Muslim
 Community Center at silver spring on Friday 27 1999 to pass on the
information
 copied and maybe collect on your behalf or the Gambia Muslim Assn.

 The amount needed is just $5000.00 (per Tombong's message) Dalasis 50,000
 One rich donor/businessman may just give that whole amount alone. It can be
that
 easy. .Inshallah.

 A little piece of addition to all this

 Even if we cannot help financially a simple phone call back home to check on
 family and friends would be highly appreciated. The africa calling  card
 ($10.00) gets you almost 30 minutes

 Habib Diab Ghanim, Sr

 latjor ndow wrote:

 > Greetings, in response to the info. furnished by Tombong and Habib and the
 > calls for assistance in the wake of the terrible disaster back home, the
 > Gambia Leadership Conference (GLC) is setting up a Disaster Relief
Committee