GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Momodou S Sidibeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Sep 2006 02:53:33 +0200
  Sister Jabou,

  No. The idea of a coalition was originally from Gambians in the diaspora.
The simple realisation that when the efforts of the opposition parties are
combined, the resultant strength of their numbers, their ideas, among other
qualities could give the APRC the boots, made them suggest a coalition.
Every party, including PDOIS saw the wisdom inherent in that idea and made
sacrifices on their own identity and profile and accepted the idea.

  That PDOIS polled less than 3% of the national vote is neither my idea nor
a UDP fabrication. It is a historical fact! and thinking that mentioning it
might mean supporting a UDP campaign claim is a most twisted piece of logic.
(And I am quoting from a source nearly five years old!). But being such a
fervent anti-UDPian, I can understand your propensity to see a frenzied UDP
wolf behind every bush.
  I do not have any means of obtaining objective knowledge about "those who
have the best interest of the people at heart". But I am confident many
people, including those who suggested Ousainou Darboe as leader of the
coalition, could have the best interest of the people at heart even if they
fail to recognise, unlike you, the ignorance of our people in choosing their
true leaders. It could simply be the case that the rest of us are just that
ignorant.

  I have explained why such an exchange is so useless at this point in time,
and so I will rest my case here until when I think it might be of some use.

  Thank you for your time,
  Momodou S Sidibeh

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい