GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Oko Drammeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Nov 2003 23:24:22 +0100
THE STORY IS NOT TO BE TOLD BUT TO BE SOLD.

Habib
as a musician I am copyright conciouss . Our call lsat night was mostly
from my book and my  memories I want to publish this book soon.I was
leading you to a tour guide of the book   I read it to you  and you
quoated them exactly in your postings of 21.53 pm without honouring my
MERITS of my personal experience. I reminded you of.this  yesterday over
the phone (except Oko can vouch on this).as if you had COMPOSED the
story.
I recalled your mind on the Nights without Ataya,and the burning of
books by Mr. Kujabeh (the household name CID) and the story contuines.
You were there but you must compose your story. I feel decapitated. The
story of the Gambia It is like music and the sea it belongs to all aof
us , and not new to us  ,but every one have to find his edge.

You can write about your memories and I love to read them You are as
wide as I am,even more but please remind us of your cricket days,etc and
more.

I do not like to lose the Juice of my story so that when the book comes
out Then it can't be my personal original writings. I am on a misson. I
almost loose my life on thisexperience in 1981.Now I am writing about my
progressive Ndongo life of the record books.

But also the term Banjulians does not fit me and I don't likeit. I was a
rolling stone. lived in Bakau, Brikama  Serekunda and Banjul. I ended up
with my mobile disco in Basse and lived there as well.

I like your story but I see my notes being recalled so spontaniously as
if this forgotton notes are fresh and well alive and in the news media.
I will srart to copyright each section of the book and each story.

You are a good friend and brother and I am writig this as a friend and
brother and I hope that you will understand.
With all the respect in the world.

Yours in copyright control
Oko  Drammeh
BMI copyright member.