GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
omar joof <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Sep 2006 20:00:05 +0000
Sidibeh,
There would be a good number of inconsistemcies that we in the diaspora
cannot answere in cyberspace. That is why I believe Coalition leaders need
to wait for reports from polling Agents. They play a vital role in giving
pictures of what actually take place at individual polling stations. You
have mentioned the case of vote buying, for example. If an agent actually
knows his or her zone  he or she would be abled to tell who actually voted,
not only by ticking their names on the register, but by physically
identifying them. You also mentioned Serrekunda west, I have spoken to a
number of youths from that constituency and from what they told me, they
were really frustrated by the collapse of The Grand Coalition. With a high
level of youth unemployment and urban poverty, you can imagine how people in
this constituency can fall in the hands of those buying opposition votes.
However, there is no doubt that those on the ground need to be cautious and
go through the reports available to them meticulously.
THE STRUGGLE CONTINUES!
Omar Joof.