GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 11:48:20 EST
Idi:

OK, I guess we can give the devil his due.  So you did meet investors and not
representatives from the European Union.  But I am afraid that your post
still shows how naive you think we are, and by extension your own naiveness.
No wonder you call us 'morons' who do not understand English.  I guess your
future postings will reveal the exact nature of your level of comprehension
of the English language, and believe me you are in for a very precarious
journey, especially if you think that you can put me down in three sentences
as opposed to a more substantive response.

Back to the EU issue, I would think that one who has the wherewithal to meet
investors from foreign countries and has done it before, need not send to
Banjul for simplistic economic and investment data like those posted by
Jungle Sunrise.  You should have been armed with these statistics and other
crucial relevant indicators from previous meetings, and not use this type of
simplistic data from Jungle Sunrise.

Gassama's report does not include FDI regulations, Company Taxes, Inflation
rates, stability and human rights situation, and many, many more crucial
indicators that a negotiator with 'investors living in EU' (which is the term
you should have used in the first place) would use in determining whether The
Gambia is a viable place to invest in or not.

Yet, you claim to be one who has the wherewithal to engage 'investors who
live in the EU' in a negotiation about the viability of investing back home?
Sorry sir I simply cannot take you seriously because it is quite obvious that
you either exaggerated the importance of your meeting, or you flat out
invented a story just for the L.

Again, could you kindly let us know what type of negotiations you were
engaged in, and also what manner of campaigning you did for the APRC?