GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"MUSA A.PEMBO" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 12:18:07 -0800
FROM THE MIMBAR OF HOLY HARAM IN

MAKKAH AND MADINA

(Friday, January 26, 2001)

MUSLIMS TOLD TO RESPECT ULEMA AND FIGHT EVIL

The Imams and Khateebs of the two Holy Mosques in their Friday Sermons this week urged Muslims to be pious and obedient to God Almighty, preserve Islam and follow the example of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), the Rightly Guided Caliphs and the religious scholars.

IN MAKKAH

The Imam and Khateeb of the Grand Mosque in Makkah Sheikh Dr. Abdul Rahman Al-Sedais, in his Friday Sermon, January 26, 2001, said that history has never witnessed the kind of cohesion between religious scholarship and governance as is the case in the land of the two Holy Haram Mosques where the Islamic Nation (Ummah) opened its heart and mind to its rulers and religious scholars.

He said the preservation of the religious faith is the ultimate object of the Islamic Sharia'h law, and the greatest way of preserving the faith is doing so through dedicated and hardworking scholars who are the rampart protecting it against enemies.

The worst thing that can happen to the Ummah is when religious scholars and reform leaders lose their exalted position. They are truly the heirs of Prophets, as the saying goes, he pointed out.

He said the religious faith will be preserved and the Sharia'h will endure so long as Muslims hold fast to their true religion and uphold justice. Then, no one can triumph over them. The exalted position of religious scholars derives from the supremacy of the Sharia'h. Those who uphold the Sharia'h, also elevate the status of those who practice it, and this is what distinguishes the land at the two Haram Mosques.

IN MADINA

The Imam and Khateeb of the Prophet's Mosque in Madina Sheikh Salah Bin Muhammad Al-Bedair, in his Friday Sermon, said the principal function of Sharia'h is the protection of Islam and the Muslim community from the vagaries of heresies and superstitions, the onslaught of evil and seditious currents that lead to miserable doom.

The impregnable defense of Sharia'h is represented in the ascendancy of pious religious leaders who commend what is good and forbid what is evil, he said. Sheikh Salah advised to purify their homes from all evil, taking the good example of the home of the Prophet (peace be upon him). Piety and obedience to God Almighty is the best gain and the highest status that can be attained, he noted.

The Holy Qur'an says:

When the Earth is shaken to her (utmost) convulsion

And the Earth throws up her burden (from within)

And man cries (distressed): `What is the matter with her?'

On that Day will she declare her tidings:

For that thy Lord will have given her inspiration.

On that Day will men proceed in companies sorted out to be shown the Deeds that they (had done).

Then shall anyone who has done an atom's weight of good see it!

And anyone who has done an atom's weight of evil shall see it. (Surah Al-Zalzalah)

Prophet Muhammad's (peace be upon him) sayings:(Hadith)

Allah's Apostle said, "The Hour will not be established (1) till two big groups fight each other whereupon there will be a great number of casualties on both sides and they will be following one and the same religious doctrine, (2) till about thirty Dajjals (liars) appear, and each one of them will claim that he is Allah's Apostle, (3) till the religious knowledge is taken away (by the death of religious scholars) (4) earthquakes will increase in number (5) time will pass quickly, (6) afflictions will appear, (7) Al-Harj, (i.e., killing) will increase, (8) till wealth will be in abundance--so abundant that a wealthy person will worry lest nobody should accept his Zakat, and whenever he will present it to someone, that person (to whom it will be offered) will say, 'I am not in need of it,' (9) till the people compete with one another in constructing high buildings, (10) till a man when passing by a grave of someone will say, 'Would that I were in his place,' (11) and till the sun rises from the West. So when the sun will rise and the people will see it (rising from the West) they will all believe (embrace Islam) but that will be the time when: (As Allah said,) 'No good will it do to a soul to believe then, if it believed not before, nor earned good (by deeds of righteousness) through its Faith.' And the Hour will be established while two men spreading a garment in front of them but they will not be able to sell it, nor fold it up; and the Hour will be established when a man has milked his she-camel and has taken away the milk but he will not be able to drink it; and the Hour will be established before a man repairing a tank (for his livestock) is able to water (his animals) in it; and the Hour will be established when a person has raised a morsel (of food) to his mouth but will not be able to eat it." (Sahih Al-Bukhari, narrated by Abu Hurairah)

Abu Hurairah related that the Holy Prophet (peace be upon him) said: "He who calls people to guidance has the same reward as those who follow him without any diminution of the reward of the latter, and he who calls people to error carries the same burden of sin as those who follow him without any diminution in the burdens of the latter". (Sahih Muslim)

DU'A (Supplications)

O Allah! Make those good in whose goodness is the betterment of Islam and Muslims, and perish those in whose perishment is the betterment of Islam and Muslims.

O Allah! We ask you to attain profitable knowledge, great wealth and good health.

By your greatness and our humility, endow your mercy on us. We humbly lay our sinful selves at your hands. Many are your slaves and only you are our master. We humbly entreat you as the poor entreats, and a yielding humble will ask you and call you in fear and humiliation, and call you with surrendered necks, humiliated souls and with our eyes full of tears.

O Allah! There is no lord to call but you and no master to ask from but you. Who else can we call or ask from while you are the most generous.

O Allah! Forgive us all in this night, and let your mercy cover the sinful for the sake of the pious.

O Allah! Fathers, our mothers and we are all yours slaves, our necks are at your mercy and our fate is in your hands. Your judgment is passed upon us and your just verdict is accepted. We call you by name you have called yourself with in the Qur'an or you have taught to any one of your creation, or kept in you are knowledge of the future to make the Holy Qur'an the delight of out hearts, The light of our souls and the relief of our sorrows and grief's, and to guide and drive us to the way to the paradise of Na'eem.

                                            Spread the Message of Allah.