GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 12 Jul 1999 05:14:01 EDT
Regarding "Hessal"
We all know how heavily it is been used in our communities, and word is not
only Gambian girls/women but boys/men are now using it too. Freedom of
choice, rights, or whatever term we use, I hope the users are not forgetting
the medical consequence. We all grew up hearing horror stories of "hessal"
users, and some of the medical problems they had at the end.
So for those users out there, it's time to think long term instead of quick
fix. Besides, it doesn't last anyway, and I think most of us have seen how
people that used it for a long time and stopped finally looked.

REMEMBER: LENGA DON SOW KO BANANYEA, DEN SAA NAAW (excuse my "wollof")
Nothing personal against the users, I CARE. I REALLY DO.

M.B.Krubally