GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Amadu Kabir Njie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 31 Jul 2005 20:36:34 +0100
Comrade!

The answer to your simple question is: NOWHERE.

Instead Islam has sought to rationalise the practice, amongst which was the sexual exploitation of female slaves by male 'owners' with a series of injunctions and 'guidelines'.

The one who finds such outright condemnation in the Koran must be someone who borrows a leaf from the Islamic scholar in a joke, who refused to pay 'lempo' to the Local Authority despite repeated apeals, because it was not sanctioned by the Koran.

Arrested and given repeated rounds of 'boldeh' beatings, he begged to have his Koran brought to him. After some hours of perusal he called in the officer and shaking his head from side to side confessed that however learned one thinks one is there's always some small detail that never fails to escape the eye! Turning to a page, he pointed at a line in a verse and said out loud: 'Wa inna hee lempo fari datun!'.

On a more serious note though, can you check the date on your pc? The mails that you sent in today are dated 30. July and were burried amongst mails from yesterday.

Regards,

Kabir.

Momodou S Sidibeh <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hello,

Indeed, I am also Mulsim you know...well, at any rate I tend to think of
myself as one eventhough I fail disastrously on the side of practice. But
surely, that is a matter between me and Allah!?

I have a simple question...(just beginning my summer holidays and a lot
(sic!) of time suddenly on my hands). Can anyone tell me WHERE IN THE HOLY
QURAN SLAVERY IS CONDEMNED OUTRIGHT as an abominable and ungodly practice?

Cheers to All of You...
Sidibeh

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい