GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dampha Kebba <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 17 Jan 2002 13:16:36 -0500
Laye, you took a smart decision when you decided to write Gassama off on
this issue under discussion.  The man cannot be honest if you forced him to.
  As I said before, even when these APRC sycophants are being (personally)
abused by Yaya, they never protest.  Anybody that thinks that people like
Gassama will take a principled stance and jeopardize his allegiance to the
APRC, is seriously mistaken.  You are right the man has made a lot of
flip-flop on this very simple issue.  Now he is admitting that he was
blindly supporting a move (deportation of the EU rep.) without even
understanding why the man is being deported.  He still cannot explain in
what way the EU rep disrespected our sovereignty.  This is the classic
definition of a sycophant.  He would say or do anything to please his
master.  When we exposed him, he started speaking in terms of ‘ifs’ and
‘buts’.  But the beauty is that he cannot take back the words he already
sent.  There are also people on his back to ensure that he is accountable.
It is no easy task making people like Gassama to be honest and upright
citizens.  But we shall try.  At least on G_L, we shall try to make the man
lead a relatively decent life here.  No lies or talking from both sides of
his mouth without being debunked.  Rest assured that some of us refuse to
dine with the Devil.  Gassama cannot finesse his way with us.  His success
with some in the ‘Opposition’ just goes to expose the gullibility of those
‘Opposition’ members.  We can see right through Gassama’s antics and those
in the ‘Opposition’ that he managed to bamboozle.

The man has a serious problem.  He wants to be taken seriously but he does
not have the guts to stay true to his convictions and upset Yaya and his
cohorts.  As they say here: ‘no guts, no glory’.  If he is not prepared to
lead an honest life and face the consequences, he would just be treated like
the sycophant he is.

Take care, Laye and thanks for your contributions.
KB