GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sigga jagne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 2000 10:49:35 -0800
Wow! my dear.  You have a way of snatching the words
right out of my mouth, just before I can utter them.
Once  again, you have mirrored my thoughts and
reflected them into words.  Thank you.  And thank you
for setting a wonderful example for all Gambian
females to follow, in this fight for freedom.

--- Jabou Joh <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Brother Elhadj,
>
> This is the question of the century, WHY??
> All of us grew up being taught, as well as hearing
> our parents tell us that
> common sense, decency and the fear of God are
> indispensable commodities, and
> so all of us grow up in Gambia believing  that these
> values abound not only
> in all of us, but especially in our elders, and most
> specifically in those
> who call themselves the guardians of our faith, the
> vicegerants of God's word.
>
> Today in The Gambia, these very people have sold
> their souls to Yaya Jammeh,
> and it is a sad day, and a very big awakening for
> all of us.
> Prince Coker's statement about the evil among us is
> an accurate one. One good
> thing that this regime has done is to help us to
> identify the evil element
> amongst us.
>
> Never before could anyone convince me that we have
> people  among us who have
> the kind of character to help collaborate murder amd
> mayhem  among our
> people, and then just carry on as if this is as
> natural as breathing air.
>
> Or that we had religious leaders who should
> recognize evil and hypocrisy but
> instead look the other way when Jammeh who holds his
> prayer beads in his left
> hand, dashes out some cola nut money and funds to
> complete the building of a
> house of worship for Allah (SWA) and other gifts
> from funds stolen from the
> very people he is supposedly giving it to.
>
> Perhaps these religious leaders serve another Allah
> that the muslim ummah
> does not know about.Yes indeed, Yaya Jammeh has
> helped us to identify the
> evil element amongst us.
>
> Jabou Joh

> Standard Time,
> [log in to unmask] writes:
>
> << The President held his prayer beads in his left
> hand,clutched his sword
>  from its wooden case with its right,lifted it up
> and yelled
>  "victory!.And the Nation echoed
>  his noise not knowing why? When he was "voted" in
> office there were more
>  echoes
>  and the Nation still didn`t know why? >>

> if you have problems accessing the web interface and
> remember to write your full name and e-mail address.

=====
"NO ONE CAN MAKE YOU FEEL INFERIOR WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION"

                       ALSO

"NOTHING IS UNACHIEVABLE, THE ONLY QUESTION IS, WHETHER ONE IS WILLING TO DO WHAT IT TAKES TO ACHIEVE WHAT IS DESIRED"