GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Demba Baldeh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 2013 16:11:37 -0800
Thanks a million LJD.. excellent perspective on the potential Kenyatta
election to the Presidency... I think you nailed the major points on
this... I would further wonder how President Obama will react to the
Kenyan people who freely elects a President with fewer or no violence
clashes reported as oppose to the case five years ago...

As you noted, his election will present a diplomatic nightmare for the
West but I think as we have seen they are very smart in ignoring
issues that favors their economic and political interest... even if
they disagree...

It is also interesting how US could hand over someone for prosecution
to the ICC that they don't recognize their citizens to be prosecuted
in the first place. I also ask could Kenyatta in fact be a US or
British citizen... I think Kenya allows dual citizenship???
Interesting diplomatic times for the UN governing body as well.!!!..

Thanks Lamin always for the enlightening take on issues.

Regards

Demba