GAMBIA-L Archives

GAMBIA-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Haruna Darbo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Aug 2008 21:49:17 EDT
[Stop making false promises because it is a sign of hypocrisy.
-the 7 cows for the people of Basse] Yero.

Ma Yero, how are you? Hope well.
The matter of the 7 cows allegedly promised by me, Haruna, to the people of
Basse is significant enough for me to address it with you. The reason is
because  if the people of Basse get wind of 7 cows promised to them by Haruna, and
knowing that Haruna completes most if not all his promises, they could be
thinking that someone charged with the delivery of those cows has made away with
 them. I know 7 cows are not enough for the people of Basse for as you know
Basse  is a metropolis. However, the allegation does have a nugget of truth to
it.

Ordinarily, I would not qualify philanthropies to honourable people that I
undertook, but this one was difficult to ignore. So forgive me in advance if it
 seems I am boasting.

I had once been approached about a certain anxiety of some 30 to forty
people during Ramadan eid-ul-fitr. I did desire to purchase cows for them and I
shared that with a friend of mine. We therefore set about making it happen
logistically. I had a childhood friend whose parents were friends of my father's
and who herd cattle in Gambia. I suggested to my friend to liaise with that
childhood friend to see how I can be a customer and improve his business
bottom-line if they can make it happen in time for eid-ul-fitr. After good  effort
of that friend reaching his brother in Gambia and coming back to us to  share
that he is willing and able to complete the transaction for us, I was  ready
to complete my promise. But the hitch was two-fold:

1.that the logistics of delivery to each of these many people who lived in
different places in Gambia cannot be completed until after Eid-ul-Fitr.

2. Confidential hitch.

My friend the coordinator then suggested that instead of cows and due to  the
logistic nightmare, that we should send the worth of the cows to the people
and give them the opportunity to do with it as they pleased. I saw some merit
in  that because the money can reach Banjul by wire transfer and it can be
couriered  to everyone in time for the eid. So I wired the money through my
friend the  coordinator who transferred the entire amount including courier fees to
Banjul  and I have a receipt of that transaction and so does my friend the
coordinator.

That is the full story Yero and in deference to honour in philanthropy, I
did not give you names. However I think you got disjointed pieces of the
information from a certain individual who at the time lived in Wisconsin  and is a
friend to you. Or a certain other individual who lives in Seattle  and is a
friend to YayiNana and Demba both and they converse frequently. It will
therefore be important for you to go back to either of these two individuals to
corroborate the story or at least demand that they tell you the full story. Some
of your family members in Gambia may have benefitted from that philanthropy and
 I'm sure you will understand if I do not name names. However, you may check
with  some of those folk in Gambia.

I think the matter of the 7 cows is now dispensed with plus the matter of
Haruna's expulsion from Posten.
I will consider whether there is merit in discussing the other "promises"
Haruna made or not and two other matters that a friend brought to my attention
that you alleged about Haruna at Posten. You forgot to copy Ellen with those
mails but I was afforded copies of them. Oh and by the way, A good number of
my  phone conversations are automatically recorded.

Thanx Yero. I hope I am doing due-diligence to allay your fears about
Haruna's personal life and hypocrisy. We will do the tribal bigot bit later in
order that you may better determine haruna or Yero who is likely to be a tribal
bigot.

Nda Simma nke nta Haayinne. Masoud. MQJGDT. Al  Khairawan.

deal here.

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい

いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい